The Crestone Energy Fair will be celebrating its 30th Anniversary on August 16-18, 2019 in downtown Crestone’s Town Park and Little Pearl Park. The Crestone Energy Fair is an annual event highlighting innovative and visionary energy, building, and human relation’s technologies while networking the skill sets and resources of local, regional and global communities who practice sustainable, regenerative and whole systems designs. We are the longest running sustainability fair in the nation and this year’s theme is Climate Solutions NOW for Seven Generations!
Our vision is to become a leading model of the Seven Generations philosophy of stewardship from native peoples around the world which urges our generation of humans to live, work and play for the benefit of seven generations into the future. We integrate lessons from our ancestors, elders and mentors while engaging our peers and youth to create solutions that minimize our impact on mother earth and repair harm in all its forms. This philosophy weaves together the political and social fabric which has helped the Crestone/Baca make decisions in regards to our energy, water and natural resources as well as relationships of humans and nature within our community.
We accomplish our mission and vision through a year-round Education Series and networking platform which offers educational, informational and empowering workshops through a permaculture lens which include:
- Alternative Building
- Alternative Energy and Fuel Sources
- Stewardship of the Elements
- Energy Healing
- Social and Restorative Justice
- Celebration and Ceremony
Preparations are underway for this community-wide initiative and we are accepting submissions for Presenters/Workshops/Demonstrations, Booths/Vendors, Musicians/Performers/Artists, Home Tours and Volunteers. Contact Us for more information!
In addition, we are interested in Sponsors, Funders & Donations that are aligned with our mission. It takes a village to pull off an event of this size and commit to a year-round educational platform. We are in great need of financial donations to make this year a success. Please consider making a donation to our Go Fund Me campaign http://www.gofundme.com/zmcrm-crestone-energy-fair.
Many thanks to our current partners:
- Saguach County & Commissioners for our Sales Tax Grant which was our seed money to get us rolling this year!
- Town of Crestone for hosting our event
- Saguache County Sustainable Environment & Economic Development (ScSEED) for providing our 501c3 fiscal sponsorship
- Crestone Performances Inc. (CPI) for stages, tent and sound
- The Crestone Eagle for their continued coverage and inspiring stories
- Sponsors: Joyful Journey, Orient Land Trust, Valley Roots Food Hub, Elephant Cloud, Crestone Mercantile, The Crestone Brewery, Crestone Creative District, Sangre de Cristo Real Estate, Crestone Realty, Darlene Yarborough Real Estate, SLVREC, Fellowship for Intentional Communities, Guise Designs & Flaming Lotus Creations
- Radio Sponsors: KTAO Solar Radio & KVNF Paonia
- Podcast Sponsors: Sustainability Now and SLVoices
Deep gratitude for our Crestone Energy Fair Crew and all of the volunteers who are leading our committees! Donovan Spitzman-PR/Marketing, Nick Nevares-Producer, Paul Shippee-Home Tours & Advisor, Mary Lowers-Food Vendors, Ginny Ducale-Food Group, Lori Nagel-Graphics, Afton Fleming-Community & Ceremony, Goldie Mariola– Home Tours, Matt Evers– Parking & Safty, Marita Peak– Website, Benny Roman-Music & Entertainment, Noah Baen & Allison Wonderland-Artists Group.
We still have several key volunteer roles to fill so please reach out to us if you are resonating with our platform.
More information can be found at:
This Website: CrestoneEnergyFair.org or ScCeed http://scseed.org/wb/pages/energy-fair.php
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/676510912494488/
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2138486382937110/
Phone: Lisa Bodey, Director, 719-480-5925